DOMO sells acetone with Pharma Grade and Technical Grade. Due to its excellent miscibility with many substances, acetone is used as a solvent or as a raw material in chemical syntheses. A major use is as a raw material for the production of polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA). In addition, acetone is used for the production of bisphenol A (BPA). The solvent properties of acetone are also used in the production of agents for the removal of oils, resins, paints and construction foam, etc. In dentistry, acetone is used as a cleaning agent for tooth surfaces and root canals.
At room temperature, acetone is a colourless liquid with a characteristic sweet smell. Due to its special bipolar properties, acetone is very easy to mix with water and many organic solvents. Fire and explosion are the main hazards when dealing with acetone. Acetone forms highly flammable vapour-air mixtures, has a strong degreasing effect and causes dryness of the skin. Inhaled acetone causes bronchial irritation, headache and fatigue; in high doses it has a narcotic effect.
Shipping is done mainly via road tankers, containers and rail tank cars.
Acetone pharma grade
Acetone Pharma Grade Excipient is a pharmaceutical grade of Acetone which meets all requirements of the current Ph. Eur. and USP-NF. The Product is produced and handled according to GMP based on the joint IPEC - PQG Good Manufacturing Practices Guide for Pharmaceutical Excipients.
Because of its low benzene content, acetone produced by DOMO Chemicals is ideally suited for pharmaceutical applications.
Acetone technical grade
|Parameter||Limiting value||Testing method|
|Acetone (without water)||min. 99.9 weight %||DIN 55687, spec.81 - 101|
|Water||max. 0.2 weight %||DIN 51777 / Part 1|
|Organic impurities||max. 0.1 weight %||DIN 55687, spec.81 - 101|
|Color index||max. 5 Hazen||DIN ISO 6271|
|KMmnO4 resistance||min. 540 minutes||81 - 05|
|Acidity, calculated as Acetic acid||max. 0.0015 weight %||81 - 04|
Note to customers
According to EU no. 111 / 2005 and 2019 / 1148 together with the regulation of the German law (Grundstoffüberwachungsgesetz-, we guarantee and warrant that all ACETONE supplied by DOMO Caproleuna GmbH, Leuna, Germany:
- Not intended to manufacture or supply substances that may be used as narcotic drugs and/or psychotropic substances.
- Not used in the manufacture of chemical warfare agents or narcotics
- Not to be used for military or illegal purposes
- Not to be used as explosives, propellants, detonators, pyrotechnic compositions or for their manufacture.
- Only be used for the purposes permitted by law in accordance with the Chemicals Prohibition Ordinance.
- For deliveries to countries outside the EU or OECD, we undertake to fully comply with the applicable foreign trade regulations.
- Only under the condition that we are in possession of an end-use declaration of the buyer supplied by us and known to be reliable about the civil and legally permissible use.
- In the event that our customers resell the products in whole or in part, they will be obliged to obtain a similar declaration and to impose a corresponding obligation on their customers. We will carefully keep the declarations received from our customers and present them on request.